Dear WCA Community,
Although the local spread of coronavirus and its Covid-19 disease are unlikely, Williamsburg Christian Academy will facilitate the following remote learning plan if the pandemic ever threatened the Tidewater region:
1) School Learning Management Systems, such as Praxi, Blackbaud, Renweb, Rediker, and Veracross exist for the purpose of delivering remote education to an entire community during such events. Should WCA need to adjust operations due to coronavirus challenges to the area, all Lower and Upper School curricular delivery would occur through Praxi, Student Gmail, Google Classroom, and RightNow Media biblical video instruction with prompts. Lower School teachers would provide parents with instructions for guiding their children at home through age-appropriate instructional videos and written lessons. Upper School assignments would post each Monday morning, and all weekly coursework would be due by 5 pm on Fridays to teachers. Class discussions or chats will take place through Google Hangouts using WCA Gmail accounts. All grading and communication policies will be in effect throughout the entirety of remote learning weeks.
2) IF the pandemic ever disrupted commencement, the school would attempt to reschedule a summer commencement date. If unable to reschedule a graduation ceremony, the school would mail diplomas to graduates as well as final transcripts to their colleges of choice.
3) WCA employees would utilize Google Hangouts to conduct weekly Bible studies and prayer meetings, and weekly departmental staff meetings would take place via video conference.
4) Business Office functions, excluding inspections, would take place remotely (i.e., bill payments and accounts receivable).
5) Professional cleaning contractors would sterilize campus, and local health authorities would clear WCA to reopen before on-site activities resumed.
We don’t anticipate executing the above plan. It is our duty, however, to prepare for the sickness in our region.
Head of School