*Note: PM Care pricing is dependent on days used and time stayed. Please consult this AM/PM care guide for more information on PM Care pricing.
WCA Tuition and Fees Schedule and Policies:
Operating fund tuition and fees are funds that patrons are required to pay for students to participate in the educational process or extracurricular activities sponsored by Williamsburg Christian Academy (WCA). Tuition, fees or any other required payments are not considered donations, and no contribution recognition statements will be issued for such financial obligations.
Annual Processing Fee
An annual fee (non-refundable) of $150 per student must be paid upon submission of the completed application for enrollment and re-enrollment. This fee is used for the annual administrative processing of records for the student’s enrollment and re-enrollment.
Upon a NEW student’s acceptance to WCA, a one-time (non-refundable) $300 Registration Fee per student is required to secure enrollment. This fee is used for the administrative processing of records and information gathering to determine the student’s eligibility for enrollment and placement. This fee applies only to NEW students for the full registration process and admissions testing (if required). If admissions testing is required, the testing fee is $200.
New Family Fee
A NEW Family Fee is charged per family upon enrollment into our K-12 program. If a family enrolls their student into our Preschool program and continues without interruption into our K-12 program, the New Family Fee is waived. Over the course of our history, many families have invested in our physical campus. A one-time (non-refundable) New Family Fee of $500 is assessed to new families to participate in ongoing campus improvements specifically. The campus improvements keep our campus functional and attractive. This fee is non-refundable and due upon enrollment. Under hardship circumstances, this fee may be paid over the course of your student’s first school year of attendance (As per your chosen payment option).
Annual Student Fees
A Student Fee is charged annually for each student based on their grade level [Preschool - $250; Lower School (K-5th grade) - $500; Middle School (6th – 8th) - $750; Upper School (9th – 12th) - $750]. The Student Fee is non-refundable and due upon enrollment. Under hardship circumstances, this fee may be paid over the course of your student’s school year of attendance (As per your chosen payment option). The Student Fees are used to provide funds before the start of the school year for indirect expenses, such as;
- Classroom start-up costs such as instructional materials and teacher supplies to ensure we can prepare a quality learning environment for each student.
- Textbooks for the lower, middle and upper school students. NOTE: Upper School students may be required to purchase novels and AP textbooks in addition to this fee.
- Technology costs for software licenses and updates. Technology opportunities are provided for students from K through 12th
- Yearbook for each student.
- Testing costs – materials and scoring for standardized testing for all grade levels.
- Spiritual and Educational Emphasis - Retreats, day field trips within a 20-mile radius from the school, and Back to School activities. This provision does not include mission trip expenses.
Extra-Curricular Activities Fee
WCA offers students the opportunity to participate in various extra-curricular activities throughout the school year, which are sponsored by the school and supervised by a staff member or representative of WCA. WCA encourages every student to participate in extracurricular activities to help them develop they're God-given gifts and talents to their fullest potential. Therefore, this annual fee helps to cover the costs of the activities they would like to participate in, no matter how many activities they choose. The Activity Fee is charged annually for each student based on their grade level [ Lower School (2nd -5th grade) - $150; Middle School (6th – 8th) - $400; Upper School (9th-12th) - $400]. The non-refundable fee is used to help fund activity expenses, such as the salaries of the activity supervisors, officiating fees, materials/equipment purchases and maintenance that may be required by the activity. Certain activities may be capped so that participation may be limited by try-outs or a first-come-first-served basis. The Activity Fee is non-refundable and due upon enrollment. Under hardship circumstances, this fee may be paid over the course of your student’s school year of attendance (As per your chosen payment option). The availability of some activities will be dependent upon minimum participation and may be offered in various sports, music, and art interests, such as:
- Athletics (2nd – 12th grade) - teams organized in the past include clubs, boy’s and girl’s JJV, JV and Varsity basketball, golf, soccer, swimming, tennis, baseball; and girl’s field hockey, softball and volleyball. Certain types of consumable equipment, such as shoes and gloves, are not provided by the school. Participation is subject to Metropolitan Athletic Association and Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association rules and requirements.
- Music (2nd – 12th grade) – String instruments or rental thereof are not included. Additional music classes may be offered depending on availability and interest.
- Drama (2nd – 12th grade) – Annual school musical participation, to include cast and production members.
- Other extra-curricular activities including, but not limited to, participation in Tech Team, Math Olympics and Odyssey of the Mind are included in this fee.
WCA offers four tuition payment options to families:
- Annual pay: You may elect to pay for the full school year, and you will receive a 4% discount [(on annual tuition only) (after scholarships, aid and discounts are applied)]. Annual Pay requires that all non-refundable fees and tuition be paid by July 10 (or upon enrollment if enrolling after the start of the school year).
- Semester Pay: You may elect to pay a full semester at a time, and you will receive a 2% discount [(on annual tuition only) (after scholarships, aid and discounts are applied)]. Semester Pay requires that half of all non-refundable fees and first semester (August – December) tuition be paid by July 10 (or upon enrollment if enrolling after the start of the school year), and the second semester (January – June) tuition is paid by December 10.
- Quarterly Pay: You may elect to pay a full quarter at a time before the start of a quarterly marking period. One quarter of all non-refundable fees and the first quarter’s tuition must be paid by August 10. You will receive a 1% discount [(on annual tuition only) (after scholarships, aid and discounts are applied)] for making quarterly payments as outlined below. Subsequent payments and any additional fees must be paid by the 10th of the month before the start of each quarter (August 10, October 10, December 10, March 10).
- Monthly Pay: You may elect to spread out your tuition payments throughout the year. Monthly Pay requires that all non-refundable fees (or as per hardship provision) and first month’s tuition be paid by August 10. Your tuition balance will be divided into a minimum of 10 equal payments beginning in August and be completed in May. Families may choose to pay monthly in 12 equal monthly payments beginning in June and be completed in May.
- For families that choose Monthly Pay, enrollment in our PraxiSchool financial management program is required. The monthly invoices are sent to you via email on the first of each month and payment is required to be made by the 10th of each month to keep your account current. The finance management program can automatically deduct scheduled payments from your choice of a bank account or credit card (additional fees apply for credit card use), or you can choose to make payment through the portal each month. Tuition payments are scheduled to ensure that at least one (1) month of tuition is paid during the month educational services are rendered.
- Please be prepared to advise the Finance Office at the time of enrollment the payment option you The Finance Office will prepare the Payment Plan Agreement based on the choice you have made. All financially responsible parties will be required to sign the Payment Plan Agreement. If at any time during the school year you need to make changes to the Payment Plan, you will need to contact the Finance Office and sign a new Plan Agreement.
“WCA Ministry”/ “WCA Legacy” Donations
For your convenience, monthly donations to support WCA Ministry (our Operating Fund) or WCA Legacy (our Capital Fund) can be added to your payment plan agreement and included in your tuition management program payments. All donations are tax-deductible contributions to Williamsburg Christian Academy which is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit corporation. Donations are non-refundable.
If you enroll your student after the first day of the school year during the first semester, you will be responsible for the full tuition of the first semester, regardless of the number of school days attended in the first semester.
If you enroll your student during the second semester, you will be responsible for the full second-semester tuition, regardless of the number of days attended in the second semester.
Finance Policies and Procedures for Tuition and Fees:
Prior Year Balances
If you are a returning WCA family, all fees and charges from the previous school year (and any summer charges) must be paid in full before the first day of the school to secure your student’s enrollment.
WCA offers several opportunities for families to qualify for a tuition discount. Please note that discounts only qualify if the family tuition and fee account is financially current at all times.
- Pastoral Family Discount: WCA desires to partner with churches and ministry organizations in our community. We offer a tuition discount for full-time Christian ordained minister employed as a minister by a local ministry or church. The minister must be a parent or legal guardian of the student to qualify. The discount applies to tuition only; minister must complete the Application for Christian Minister’s Discount to determine qualification.
- Full-Time Employed First Responders and Active Duty Military Personnel Discount: WCA desires to honor those who are serving our communities and Nation to keep us safe by offering a 15% discount for their service. The discount applies to tuition only; the candidate will be asked to show evidence of their current full-time employment service standing.
- Full-Time Employees working for Not for Profit 501(c) (3) Charities or Christian Organizations Discount: WCA desires to honor those who are serving our community by working in these organizations by offering a 15% discount for their service. The discount applies to tuition only; the candidate will be asked to show evidence of their full-time employment and the organization’s charity or Christian mission statement.
- Sibling Discount: Sibling discounts apply to full-time students only, K-12. A sibling discount of 8% of the base tuition will be applied for the second highest full-time student tuition. A sibling discount of 10% of the base tuition will be applied for the third highest full-time student tuition. A sibling discount of 12% of the base tuition will be applied for the fourth highest full-time student tuition. Sibling discounts apply to tuition only. There is no sibling discount applied to pre-school student tuitions.
- Employee Discount: Employee eligibility is the first day of employment and ends on the day of termination. Qualifying full-time employees receive a 50% discount on their student’s WCA tuition charges, and Qualifying part-time employees receive a 25% discount on their student’s WCA tuition charges. No other discounts apply, and this discount applies only towards tuition. All other fees to be paid in full. To qualify for this discount, the employees can choose to pay the tuition and fees in full at the beginning of the school year or, if paying monthly, the tuition and fees shall be paid through payroll deduction. The account must remain current to receive this discount. Employees, please consult the WCA benefits policies for complete details.
- Family Referral: A $500 discount will be applied to your tuition statement for any family you refer to WCA and who is enrolled for at least one school year. To be eligible for the referral discount, you must be identified by the referred student’s family at the time of their WCA application for enrollment. The discount is applied to your account when the referred enrolled family’s student(s) begins their second semester at WCA.
- Early Enrollment Discount: Enroll your student(s) for the upcoming school year before March 1 to avoid the new school year tuition increases (Tuition only). Early enrollment will allow you to pay tuition at the 2017/2018 published tuition rates. To qualify for this discount, your current tuition account must be financially current, and a minimum per student payment of $500 for Preschool and a minimum payment of $600 for grades K – 12. must be paid in full before March 1. This non-refundable amount will be credited towards your enrollment fees for the upcoming school year. Families with multiple students enrolled will have a maximum required payment of $1,000 to be paid in full before March 1. The balance of the fees must be paid in accordance with the Fee Schedule Policy.
- Your family may qualify for multiple discounts; however, combined discounts may not exceed 25% of your student’s total tuition costs. All discounts apply to tuition only. If at any time, your student withdraws from WCA before completing the school year, these discounts are subject to revocation and will be charged back to your student’s tuition account
- For families needing additional tuition assistance, WCA offers the opportunity to apply for financial aid for students in grades K-12. Our financial aid program is completely self-funded and receives no government assistance. You may contact the Finance Office to begin the application process. Applications for financial aid consideration are accepted for the upcoming school year beginning March 1. Applications are processed in the order in which they are received and are subject to availability of funding.
- WCA participates in Virginia’s Education Improvement Scholarship Program. This program awards scholarships to qualifying families based on family size and income, student’s current participation in the public-school system or their entry into private education at the Kindergarten or first-grade Please see the Admissions Director for details.
- Families that are awarded financial aid must sign an agreement to remain in compliance with all school policies and must keep their accounts current at all times. Failure to do so could result in the revocation of financial aid.
Other WCA Charges
For your convenience, WCA provides each family with accounts within the WCA PraxiSchool Financial Management Program for various charges throughout the school year:
- General Account: The General Account is for charges for various school opportunities, such as field trips, additional specialized instruction, online classes, etc. These charges must be paid promptly and before your student’s participation in the activity.
- WCA AM/PM Care Account: The WCA Care Account is for charges of before and after school care for your student. These charges must be paid monthly from invoice provided the first of each month. Please contact the Finance Office for policies and fees.
- WCA Lunch Account: The WCA lunch program works on the pre-payment method. Lunches can be ordered and paid for through the Parent Portal of the PraxiSchool Financial Management Program.
- Lost or Damaged Property Charges: If your student is the cause of any damages incurred to the school property, regardless of the intent, your account will be charged for the damage. This includes books, sports equipment, school teaching material, facilities, vehicles, etc. If your student is involved in any activity that results in damages, your account will be charged for that damage and must be paid within 30 days of the incident unless special arrangements are made with the Finance Office.
Late Fees, Interest, Non-Sufficient Fund (NSF) Fees, Credit/Debit Card Fees
- Late Fees: If your current period tuition invoice becomes more than 10 days’ delinquent based on your Payment Plan Agreement due date, you will be charged a late fee of $50.
- Interest Fees: If any of your WCA accounts become more than 30 days’ delinquent, a 1% monthly interest charge (12% Annum) will be applied to your outstanding balance on a monthly basis until the account is brought
- Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) Fees: If a check written to WCA for any tuition payments, purchases or fees is returned for non-sufficient funds, a $35 NSF fee will be added to your account. Any family account with two occurrences of NSF checks will be required to pay by cash or money order for WCA fees and purchases. WCA is not responsible for any charges on returned checks from your financial institution. If your check is returned due to non-sufficient funds, a closed account, or a stop payment, you will be responsible for all fees.
- Credit/Debit Card Processing Fees: For your convenience, you may pay any account balances at WCA with your credit or debit card. WCA will add a 3% convenience fee for credit card or debit card use. You may avoid credit or debit card convenience charges by paying on the parent portal with an ACH transaction directly from your checking or savings account.
- Delinquent accounts that total $50 or more can affect your student’s participation in student activities, and can also result in the deactivation of your family’s access to grades online. If a tuition account is more than 45 days’ delinquent, it will result in your student being unable to attend class until the account is made current or a new Payment Plan Agreement is signed.
- It is the practice of WCA to work with families to overcome temporary financial circumstances that delay the timely payment of tuition and other charges. However, it is your responsibility to contact the Finance Office and make mutually agreeable arrangements to fulfill your financial obligations to WCA.
Early Withdrawal, Release of Records
If for any reason, you withdraw your student from WCA after the start of the school year, or any time before the end of the school year, your family must complete a Withdrawal Form before your student’s last day of attendance. An exit interview with your student’s principal is required. A $200 Withdrawal Fee will be charged per student. You will be responsible for tuition charges and non-refundable fees according to the policies below:
- Any withdrawal during the summer for the upcoming school year will result in the loss of the non-refundable fees.
- Any withdrawal during the first semester will result in forfeiture of all non-refundable fees, and you will be responsible for paying the tuition for the balance of the first semester.
- Any withdrawal during the second semester, you will be responsible for paying the tuition for the balance of the semester. If you had already paid the non-refundable fees for the upcoming school year, they will be forfeited, any prepaid tuition paid for the upcoming school year will be returned.
- If your Student is expelled or asked to withdraw, you will be responsible for the full tuition charges and all non-refundable fees. Your student’s report cards, transcripts, and official records will not be released to you or another school, nor will a diploma be issued, until all your accounts at WCA are paid in full.
- It is the strict policy of WCA that your student’s report cards, transcripts, and official records will not be released to you or another school, nor will a diploma be issued until all your accounts at WCA are paid in full or current.
By signing the tuition agreement, the parties agree to abide by the policies and procedures of this Tuition/Fee Schedule and Policies document.